Leading Figures from Drug Discovery and Life Sciences to Gather for
Basel Life Science Week – MipTec 2016 in Basel
BLSW – MipTec is Europe’s largest conference on drug discovery and draws 3,000 participants from over 50 countries each year. The event takes place at the Congress Center Basel (Switzerland) from 19–23 September 2016 and offers a high-calibre program.
This autumn, the scientific elite in pharmaceutical research will again come together in Basel. The event has grown from its origins as a specialist conference for laboratory automation into a leading global conference in the life sciences sector. By offering a broad and diverse but also deeply scientific conference program, the conference plays a vital role in helping pharma and biotech scientists successfully attack the significant challenges in modern-day drug research and development work.
The 2016 science programme will have multiple streams with leading science experts covering the following topics:
- Aging and Drug Discovery
- Basel Agenda – Digital Health
- Basel Microfluidics
- Best Practices in Clinical and Research Genomics and Data Warehousing
- Status and Future of (Standardized) Research Data Warehouses
- Best practices in genomics data analysis for clinical and research applications
- Best practices in data storage integrity and security
- Current challenges in protein science: from fundamental research to drug development
- Jumpstarting Innovation – Early stage investing, start-up-incubation and how to enable the future generation of biotech innovators
- Infectious Diseases
- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery
- Molecular Diagnostics brought by NTN Swiss Biotech
- Peptide Therapeutics
- Stem Cells in Biomedicine
- Synthetic Biology
- Richard Mason – Head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Susan Gasser – Director of the Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical
- Shai Silberberg – Director of Research Quality Enhancement
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH
- Genome Editing: Strategies for Engineering a Model Cell Line – hosted by Merck
- Strategic recalibration: What’s next for me? – hosted by Grass & Partner AG
- Be on brand – in your resume, during an interview, in daily life – hosted by Grass & Partner AG
- Career workshops with Peggy McKee
Parallel to the scientific program, the MipTec exhibition will take place in Hall 4.1 in the Congress Center Basel. More than 60 companies will showcase their products and services in the exhibition area.
The registration for Basel Life Science Week is free of charge. Please register here: www.basellife.org
Quick reminder: Basel Life Science Week starting soon!